Konz-Oberemmel (population 1.523)
At the exit of the Konzer Tälchen in the direction of Wiltingen is the winegrowing stronghold of Konz-Oberemmel. The area was originally known as Embilaco in 893, later as Emmelde. Vineyards in Oberemmel are mentioned as far back as the 12th century. The landlord from the Middle Ages on was the Trier Abbey of St. Maximin, which had its biggest and most wealthy manor there, the so-called “castle”, which was destroyed in 1663 and rebuilt in 1732 as an estate. Numerous vineyards are a sign of the long wine-growing tradition in the area.
Accommodation in holiday homes, the old and new church, Jewish cemetery, show distillery, angling, barbecue facilities, wine tasting, wine festival in the 2nd weekend in August, Konzer Tälchen adventure trail, Nordic walking obstacle course.